Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Klee Exhibition - the Berggruen Collection

A Girl in Mouring
Paul Klee: The Berggruen Collection from The Metropolitan Museum of Art is organized by The Metropolitan Museum of Art, in association with the National Gallery of Canada.

There you have it.

The name of the exhibition I looked at today in the National Gallery.

I borrow one of their chairs and then I sit in front of each painting until I am sure I have the name memorized and can think of three things I would say about the painting to someone if they were with me.

Then I go on to the next painting.

After 3 paintings, I try to remember the title of the first one I saw, and then go on to the next, aways dropping off the previous third title and checking on how my memory is doing.



I finished 3 rooms this way:  Paul Klee, the beginning; Paul Klee, the man; Pal Klee, the Late Years; Paul Klee's Humour, etc.

I am sure Rebecca would have liked to accompany me and I am equally sure she would have stayed the whole day.
A Pride of Lions
Paul Klee

I was trying to figure out what to buy in the bookstore as a memento:  an art book by him, an umbreall, a glasses case, a cdouring workbook, a man's tie, a cosmetic bag, a change purse, etc.

I am sure Wyona would have told me to buy one of each.

Arta

3 comments:

  1. how wonderful. we read two articles about Klee's "Angelus Novus" in the grad seminar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a difficult time not buying the art book about him when I was in the gift shop. I had to keep remembering that I can borrow them from the University Library. One piece of text on the all said that he began keeping a jurnal early in his life. I thought about how I would like to read the entries around each picture. I did not srr that picture. I think there were only 78 painting on the walls. One text said that he did over 3,000 paintings. When I read that I just decided I would spend a lot of time on each of the 78 that I could see and then read more about him in the coming months. I will gladly read the articles when I get home. If you want to peak my interest you could give me the names of the articles and who wrote them, and why you choose them for your grad seminar. Woops. While you are at it, could you just give me the whole grad seminar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am suffering from an ailment called old age. One part of it is that I need to see bigger
    print in this tiny box for oomments. The other is that with the numbing of my finger tips I hit wrong keys often. I would rather have someone know this, than for them to think my spelling has gone to pot, as it seems to have, in the reply above. :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.