Sunday, December 30, 2018

Mike Todd Makes a Comment

... nativity persons on display, one per step ...
set up by Jamieson Todd
Mike Todd made a comment on my blog.

A thrill for me, since I watch often to see if anyone is reading.

And now I can have another discussion about making cinnamon buns and tell him all of the things I forgot to say when he was here, during which time we made white bread, cinnamon bread and cinnamon buns.

More correctly, he made them while I stood by.

I love the story of Hazel spending her time dipping her fingers in the butter and then rolling them in the brown sugar.

Another friend of mine made cinnamon buns with her daughter, who used to take the last of the butter and sugar and the rub it up and down her arms as though it was a cream for her skin. Leslie could not figure out why her daughter was doing that. But now that I have two instances of this butter / sugar / spice product being used on the skin, I might be able to open up a new cosmetic line.

I saw your pictures on facebook. They looked fabulous. I hope everyone gathered around and rated them. We tried to make sour dough waffles today. We only gave ourselves a 5/10 for a rating and we didn’t take any pictures. We were too busy cleaning up the batter that was spilling out of the sides, and trying to make people think that the really brown waffles weren’t burned. But Catherine and I had to eat them.

... nativity scene in the corner at the bottom of the stairs
courtesy of Hazel
Thank you for joining those of us in Montreal. 

What I liked about having your children here is that suddenly I found the box of little nativity figures unpacked and grouped, either by the back door, and placed artfully on the stairs. I think that was Jamieson.

I want to meet Nanna. I mean really meet her and have a chat with her over lunch.

She has the grandmotherly touch that I aspire to have. Ava’s eyes shone when I asked her where she got that Christmas dress and she said it came from Nanna. That lovely blue satin and the bow at the waist!

We still play the Word Game here, but I am missing the crowd that went from 78 years old to 7 around the table. I can burst out laughing if I just think of the clever way that Jamieson got us all to say crayon. Today Eric got stuck on the word can. He said that it was a “blank” of peas but the people to whom he was speaking have only seen peas come out of a bag. And then the clues just kept going downhill just after that.

A good time was had by all of the rest of us.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. I've always enjoyed reading your posts Arta... nothings changed in that regard! Love Jane

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.