Sunday, December 2, 2018

What I want for Christmas ....

Photo Credit: Shawna Pilling
The Shuswap: Summer 2018
Now, if anyone is dying to give me something for Christmas, I have finally decided what I would like to have.

Please send me something about yourself that could go up on this blog.

Or you could put it up here yourself, if you want to try your hand at that.

But I am absolutely available to transfer anything up to the blog if anyone is fearful of trying this on their own.

For example, Rebecca just sent me the following which I am happy to accept as my first Christmas 2018 Gift:
Dated: Dec 1, 2018
I am spending the next few days in Kamloops at the Secwépemc Winter Gathering (Pelltetéqum, or cross over month), for some conversations about our research partnership with the Shuswap Nation Tribal Council. I am looking forward to connecting with friends, learning a few more Secwepemc words for relations, and trying my hand at fish spear making! I will be back at the law school on Monday, December 3.
I would consider a note like this up on the blog as the finest present I could receive this year.

Please, do not let this request take more than 10 minutes of your precious time.

Arta

3 comments:

  1. By the way, Rebecca, did you get to the class for spear fish making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! I ended up not doing any of the workshops. but I DID get to try "Indian Ice-cream" for the first time (it is whipped up soapberries....apparently very good for the immune system)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say that you tried the dish. Did you get the recipe? Are you going to make some. I will be a taster. I am annoying.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.