Wednesday, May 30, 2018

RBG

This image released by Magnolia Pictures
shows U.S. Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg
in a scene from "RBG." (Magnolia Pictures via AP)
Tonight Rebecca and I went to the 6:50 pm showing of the doc RBG, the biographical story of the American Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

After buying tickets for both of us, Rebecca picked up a coffee and a bag of popcorn and then stopped in the foyer to make a phone call. 

I took the popcorn into the movie and settled down to the same previews that we have been seeing at the last four shows we have attended.

I went down the isle, but our seats were over to the left, so I went by the 8 people who were already seated in our row which was no problem since this theatre is seated with the big comfy seats.

Lots of room for passing. Just as Rebecca entered the theatre everything went pitch black. She didn’t want to walk over everyone so she went down a few isles and walked across where there were no people, intending to walk up the isle on the left. Unfortunately there was no isle there.

 She walked bang into the wall. I don’t know how fast she was walking.

Fast for she seemed to bounce off the wall. The whole thing seemed to happen in slow motion.

Well, she turned around after finding the wall, walked back down that row and entered row E to find seat 11 just as I had, by walking past people already seated.

She sat down and said, “Did you just see me walk into a wall.”

“I wish I could say no, I didn’t, but I did.”

“Well, I think that it is for the new white blouse I have on. There is going to be coffee splattered all over it.

She continued, “You know how some people just shouldn’t be given tools. This is true with my body, for it is just a danger to me.”

Back to the movie?

Both of us recommend it.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.