Saturday, May 1, 2021

Baker's Best Chocolate Cookbook Reprise

Baker's Best Chocolate Cookbook.

I loved the antique fork in this photo that accompanied
the pecan pie recipe
That is the name of a cookbook which came with the compliments of Baker's Chocolate. I've always substituted callebaut, light or brown for either the light or the dark chocolate as requested. Mary owns this book. Rebecca has this cookbook. I have a copy of this book. I don't know which parts of the book are important to me: the pictures or the feel as though I'm on a very expensive food demo when I as the look through the book.

I feel as though I have gone to Paris and then that I am taking a class done by a chef, though I know very few people have had the same experience with chocolate that I've had, at least in not in the total number of hours of having my hand immersed in the chocolate.

My birthday is coming up -- Mary asked me what I wanted for a cake. There is a bar in this book and I made it once, took it with me to the library, Sacher torte in immitatioin, which I had to look up.

I do want my birthday cake to be made in the style of sacher torte, with that apricot filling, or at least we could make the bars, and that could be called my birthday cake. I had Mary take some pictures so that you can see how beautiful chocolate photography is -- just stunning. How do you like the fold-up fork beside the cake? If I were making a list of all the things in life I haven't done but I've wanted to do, eating using a fork like this would be one. Or even better having one, though I'm trying to divest at this point, not collect.

I was touching every page in this book today, looking at every side of the picture, every ingredient in the list. 

That has been how exquisite my day has been. 

I must add as per the idea of the photography of dishes, the china that the chocolate is served on has also been outstanding.

If you ever see this book in a rummage sale, think about who in your life might like it.

Including you.

Arta 

Eight Days of Birthday Happiness Coming Up

1 comment:

  1. Well that cake looks good enough to eat. Wish I were there to cook one for you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.