Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Stories to follow

 Arta has been interested in find a way to share stories about ancestors, stories that granchildren (or others) might not know about.  

Check out her blog GrandmotherArta.wordpress.com for some great stuff (like her mother Wyora's patriarchal blessing; news clippings about Richard A. Pilling's 50th anniversary; Val Pilling's recollections of his mother Amanda; Doral Pilling advising Arta about dating, and more)

Click on this link https://grandmotherarta.wordpress.com/2021/05/17/storytelling-with-arta/ for 4 video clips in which Arta tells stories about her Uncle Val, and her dad Doral


2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke at 4am and watched every video I could of Arta talking. I can't believe how lucky I am to have access to these records. I want to keep David home from school, show him how to pop popcorn on the stove like we used to do before we had air poppers, and then how to take a bowl big enough for the dough of four loaves of bread to rise in it, and eat that whole bowl of popcorn yourself while we watch the Arta videos.

    Why did my son end up being like me, someone who is not gonna want to skip school, even when given parental permission?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.