Saturday, May 8, 2021

# 47... Arta's first cruise - 1939

 I thought Arta's first cruise was in 2011 but I was wrong. It was in 1939. 

This is a photo of the Holland America cruise Arta took while in utero. I wonder if Wyora got sea sick? I do remember Doral saying that Wyora never had a good Doctor when she birthed Arta. In fact, Doral might have said he was a horse doctor.
Look at the first born with her lovely mittens, suit and baby carriage. Get going Arta!
This is Doral's father William Pilling playing with Arta on the ground.
Wyora looks ever so happy with her new little baby Arta. I think Arta is growling sort of.

I remember these quick photo shoot booths in downtown Calgary. You got four pictures for a dollar or what? 
I do not know if this trophy of Doral's is for a dog field trial or for a horse race. But just look at Edna Pilling. She is certainly decked out. She was a tall striking looking woman.
I can see Doral's face in Edna's face. I never really could see that before.
Or does Doral look like William, his father. In any case Doral is so young and even handsome. I think all of the FOG have the best parts of Doral and Wyora.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.