Sunday, May 9, 2021

Celebrating Arta's Birthday with Vietnemese Take-Out at the Lake

In celebration of Arta's birthday, Bonnie and I decided to try the take-out from a new Vietnamese restaurant in Salmon Arm -- it is called Pho Ly and is on the TransCanada just before you get to Walmart.

We ordered Pho with beef, vermicelli noodles with chicken, chicken with rice and some extra spring rolls. Oh and of course 2 mango bubble teas.

When we got back to Arta's place, and were serving ourselves, I remembered Arta had once let me use her special chop sticks she bought in China.  I coulnd't quite remember what they looked like -- I thought maybe black with gold inlay.  I asked Bonnie if she knew what I was talking about, and of course Bonnie knew just where to look.  They were Jade chopsticks.  Bonnie also pulled out a set of chop stick holders -- rabbits, dragons and turtles.  Of course I decided to use the turtle.  Bonnie also knew just where to find the gold charger plats for our photo shoot.



I would definitely order food at Pho Ly again. The food was good.  But for me, the best part of the meal was using Arta's chopsticks and knowing how happy that would make her.

2 comments:

  1. The food looks amazing. I especially love the turtles used as Porte de couteaux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I saw this restaurant yesterday and wondered if it was good. Now I know and will need to order there soon. Wish I had those chopsticks. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.