Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Putting My Plants Outside to Harden Off

From Glen 

Today at about 7:30 am, I put my plants out to harden off before going to do some trail maintenance.

As I was placing my last plant down and my hip dislocated again. Luckily Janet had told me that I needed a working cell phone before going, in case I dislocated my hip. I had set it up under Janet’s Appleid today. Unluckily, I had left it in the house on the TV bar and there is no way I could have retrieved it. Janet was wrong, I didn’t need a cell phone.

I just yelled, as loud as I could, “help me!” Shauna came running down the hill and saved me. Janet isn’t getting home until 6:30 today. It would have been so painful.

The ambulance came and took me to Vernon. They reduced the dislocation about 12:00 noon. Luckily they give this really strong pain killer that makes you high. In fact I recall saying this time and last time that it felt like I was in the Matrix. The experience was exactly the same. I wouldn’t go through a dislocation to get the drugs but they sure are a great bonus. Janet came and drove me to Salmon Arm where I caught a ride back with David.

Now I have a cast on four two days.

Jeremey, I can hardly wait to go riding with you next time you come out. It is your turn.

~ Glen

2 comments:

  1. Ouch.
    When you don't have a cell phone, a loud voice will do. Glad Shawna has good hearing.

    I too never mind having drugs when there is pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the moral to this story is carry strong drugs in your pocket and keep the hose close by for a drink of water. Have you ever counted Glen how many dislocations you have had?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.