Friday, June 29, 2018

On Resisting Going to Bed

Bonnie solved the problem of resisting going to bed by buying a mattress cover that warms up the bed before I person gets in it.

 I told this to Rebecca as I watched her resist going to bed.  For her it takes the form of just one game of candy crush, or maybe just laying her head back on the chair she is sitting in and falling to sleep there for a few hours before going to bed.  Go figure how that can be more comfortable than an mattress.

I tried to keep myself awake tonight by reading. When that didn’t work I put my head down on the table, using my hands for a pillow and drifted off to sleep. I woke up when my hands were so numb I couldn’t feel them.

I didn’t want that to happen again but was still in the resisting going to bed mode so I just used my book for a pillow, taking off my glasses so that they didn’t interfere with that space where my face needed to be on the book. As well I turned this way and that, finding the most comfortable position for a head on a slightly raised surface. And then off I drifted again.

 Now I am blogging. That should keep me away for a few more hourse. I think I am resisting bed because of all of the gardening today. I know when I lay down I am going to feel every ache and pain.

Every pain and ache.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.