Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Typing Text vs Taking Pictures

... the golden colour of the logs washed up on shore ...
I can never type enough text to keep up a good ratio for the pictures I take.

Today I have 10 pictures that I want to put on the blog, but I have no where near that energy to find the words that would be descriptive of why I am in such places, and looking at such different things. 

This morning Steve went up island.

At 8 am I went to go on my walk, but climbed in bed with Rebecca who was just putting out a mighty morning yawn. 

We thought our first job of the day should be to organize a task list, and with that idea, my idea of a walk vanished and the two of us headed out to school to make that list and to check off that list.

Yes, every time we can check off a box, we can add another line item to replace it.

 So our morning sped by, check, add, check, add, write email, receive email, be reminded of a meeting that is not in our planner, make plans to get to that meeting.
... the evening view of the cove above the cliffs ... 

One of the brightest parts of the day was tasting the grapes that Jess brought in for a 3 pm meeting.

Oh, so sweet, Rebecca raved, who likes grapes anyway.

I thought they were good, which is my word for excellent coming from a non-grape loving person.

Later in the day she was to find those grapes are the genetically modified grapes called Cotton Candy Grapes.

Oh, on tasting those, any grape-hater’s mind can be changed.
... the sun glints off of the bronze bark ...


I had to go back out to the car once we got to the university.
My job was to put our lunches in the fridge.

Not finding the lunch bag I had to check the back of the car.
No lunch bag there, so we defaulted to the dahl in the freezer and the bagels in the fridge.

Every professor needs a back-up for food, lest they leave their lunch at home.
... the picturesque arbutus at the head of the cover ...

And now, for the best part of the day.

Having missed my walk and looking at my fitbit I knew I had to put in 8,000 steps, beginning at 7:30 pm.

At that time of night the task seems daunting. 

But I think of my brother-in-law, Greg, who might go out for two walks in the day, each of an hour’s duration at least.

So out to Arbutus Cove I went again, thinking about its calm and tranquility as I put one foot ahead of another.
... a ripple of water dies at the shoreline ...

Once I got there, I found that my lovely little cove is a revolving door at night. I had no idea.

One man was doing the 4 flights of stairs down to and up from the beach, 4 times.

One couple was taking their picnic supper down to the cove.

Three teen-age girls were walking the upper paths along the top of the cove.

I could hear them chatting as they walked one way, and they were chatting at the same level of intensity on their way back

The dog walker was out, the one who owns a stunning golden large poodle that I see in the morning. 

A show dog.

But now it was not the woman who was walking the dog, but in the evening, a man.
.... foliage seen over the bannister of the stairs ...

Three people were swimming in the water.

 I wasn’t close enough to see them.

 A new visitor to the cove stopped to ask me the name of this place, remarking that he was surprised the water was warm enough to swim in.

 I still feel like a visitor myself, but I answer as though I am a long time resident.

 I didn’t think much of the three swimmers until they passed me as I was leaving the cove. 

Two men, one with snorkel equipment and the woman, I could only see from the back view.
... evening begins to fall ...

I didn’t avert my eyes, though I might have in a different life.

I haven’t ever seen that part of the human anatomy exposed, at least in an adult.

Now I was just amazed at the design of the bottoms of her attire, a thong at the bottom, going up to a triangle, the largest part of which seemed to wrap around her waist. 

Amazing.

The three of them jumped in a small car, so they must not live close enough to walk to the beach in the evening.


Rebecca is home now from driving some colleagues out to catch the 9 pm ferry.

Sometimes at night she plays Candy Crush to wind down.

... peeking through the underbrush to the cove below ...
At other times we play the two person version of the game of Lost Cities, which may wind her down, but only leaves me in soporific stupidity – how can I consistently loose so many games to her, given that she must be far more tired than I in the evenings.

It is been 30 degrees here today, just a bit too much heat for me.

There are no mosquitos it seems. I did see some fawn in a field, just a small rustle in the tall grasses was what let me know they were there.

a fellow traveller  using the stair bannister ...
A few baby rabbits hopped in front of me at the cove, but they are gone faster than I can unlock the keys on my phone to get to my camera. 

Alex did bring me into the great room here, the one that can hold a grand piano, exercise equipment, 3 computer stations and still have left over room in it.

 ... a triple ripple comes to the shoreline ...
 High up near the fireplace was a beautiful spider web, the sun glistening through its perfect symmetry. Alex pointed to it, wondering how long the spider has been at work there.

I wondered too.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.