Sunday, March 24, 2013

French Lesson somewhat lost in translation

David's tutor Suzie Basque helped him plan a story today. She guided him with questions. They each wrote down the answers into a word/phrase web.

If you look closely, you can see a black cat in the upper right corner of the white board. That cat is Meow Meow (or Miao Miao when he introduces himself in French). Beside him is a cat person who will be part of a battle. I think later a man was added doing the limbo under a sword during battle.

In the word/phrase web in the photo you may be able to find the following words:

100 ou plus des chats - less meilleur strategie - les meilleur armes.
tout les jour - se battent contre less 1000 humains - pas gentil

When we figure it out, we will try to upload the audio version of the final story. Unfortunately, the automated transcription by the ipad tried to turn all the French words into English so the written version is full of unexpected phrases.

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. I was going to take David's phrases and write my own story. Since I couldn't find a phrase or a picture about a grandmother, I was going to write myself into the story. Then I realized I was going to have to drag out my French dictionary to complete the task. I don't have time to do that today, but watch out ... one will be coming up.

    Grandmere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie - this is Karin Humphreys. I've lost track of you, even after your attempt to contact me ages ago (sorry!!!). I'd LOVE to talk to you again. You can find me at krh@mcmaster.ca.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.