Friday, March 29, 2013

Summer Secwepemc Legends to Tell

 ...thoughts of Shuswap summer while snow is still on the ground ...
I have the summer on my mind.

I was surfing the internet and looking at Inuit Legends because of some audio links Rebecca sent me from the Ideas Series on CBC.



I love the Ideas series on CBC.  Wish I had more time to listen to it.

Rebecca also sent me an audio recording on the Shuswap.  How fun.


I went to look for something in paper, because when I am beside a fire at night, I want memorable stories to tell -- myths about the land are good.  And I need a bit of paper beside me to cue me to the stories.

I ran into this site: Stseptekwle – Stories of the Secwepemc
 or http://www.landoftheshuswap.com/legend.html

I can hardly wait for the snows to melt, and for the spring to come, and for my grandchildren to gather around the fire.

Arta


1 comment:

  1. I love this link.... i too want to learn all the stories from the lake

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.