Friday, March 29, 2013

The Song of Lunch

"Out to lunch at your own lunch," Emma observes.
I am not a poetry lover.  In my life, I have only picked up one book of poetry to read of my own free will. Yes, I have read others on assignment – but if I have a choice, I choose prose.

Getting that off of my chest, I still want to say sing the praises of a  prose poem called The Song of Lunch presented on Masterpiece Theatre - Contemporary, -- an exquisite hour with Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson.

At our house the captioning was on and it couldn’t have been more than a few sentences into the production when I could see that I was enthralled with the text as well as with the acting.   Here is a review:  LA Times Review

And a second review on Amazon.com.

Bonnie  Wyora told me that some channels are playing The Song of Lunch again this weekend.

Well worth the effort to find it and enjoy.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.