Friday, November 30, 2018

A Star is Born

Zoe and Rebecca
... on a date with Grandmother ...
Zoe, Rebecca Jarvis and I went to see A Star is Born tonight, via the underground Metro.

I stopped to buy a senior’s pass -- $51 for the month of December, but I needed just a return ticket for tonight as well.

The senior citizen behind me in the line-up argued with the ticket teller – "No, she doesn’t need to pay for today. She just needs to tap."

  I looked the ticket teller in the eye, could see he didn't agree, and told him since he was in charge, I would pay.

The old man behind me was calling out, "You are paying $4 that you don’t need to pay.

I tried not to give him eye contact.

He was still arguing with the ticket teller long after I had gone through the turn-style, around the corner and was headed down the escalator.  Just getting away was worth the $4 to me.

Zoe and Rebecca were not sure how to find the movie theatre.

Barbie Doll: Zoe Rabinovitch Edition
We went left, then right, then on the inside of a mall, then outside to the street.

They paused to look up the theatre on their iphones which didn't help at all.

I didn’t care if we ever made it to the theatre, since suddenly the process of getting there was much more interesting than I thought the movie would be.

Zoe pointed out the boots of two women walking ahead of me. Each had on one of the other’s boots.

Apparently they had purchased similar styles, at least heights and stacked heels, and then each had given the other a shoe to make a pair.

Zoe and Rebecca were laughing, with Rebecca saying that it was very hard for her not to comment on their attire.

I told her that I would tell the women we loved their boots, at the same time asking them if they new the way to the theatre.

Luckily the light changed before I could get my plan in effect.

Barbie Doll: Rebecca Rose Jarvis Edition
I told the girls that I was giving them homework.  They are to come downtown every day until they can find their way around down here.  I was doing better at it than they were.

Catherine and Catie Jarvis went to A Star Is Born a couple of nights ago.

Catherine, who was a hard-sell for Catie to get to the movie, came home raving about the movie.

So when we finally found the theatre, I settled into my chair for what I knew would be a good show, leaving one seat between me and the girls.

I like that extra space for my coat, purse, a scarf for my lap or shoulders if there is a draft, chocolate bars and for my beverage.

I think there were only about 15 of us in the theatre so there was plenty of space for everyone to have such a space beside them.

Zoe and Rebecca asked me to come to the Green Bagel on the way home for supper.
Barbie Doll: Arta Johnson, 1940 Edition

I was on tap to watch Hebe while Eric and Catherine went out tonight, so I left them at the Metro and travelled home on my own.

Oh, but not before showing them to the Barbie Expo Show which is just at the Peel Metro stop, but up the winding staircase.

This time I saw people taking pictures in what looks like a large Barbie doll box.

So we all took turns going into the pink box and posing, as though we were now a Barbie package.

What is not to like about that show, even if one doesn’t like Barbies?

Arta

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment.

    Catherine and I are taking Hebe downtown today, so there will be more Barbie poses in the box from her, if I can get her to comply when I get there. I just worry that the excitement of it all might be too much.

    Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.