Sunday, November 11, 2018

Pulling into Boston

From Wyona


Hello, It is 6:30 a.m. here as we pull into Boston.

The ship is a day late getting into Boston.

The ship was to take 6 sailing days to cross but she took 7 days.

The captain took the ship south, off course to avoid 28 foot swells.

So we only had 18 foot swells for the first four days; the roughest crossing we have had. The first day we met a couple from Thurso.

I befriended them right away because next Britrail Pass I have I am going up to Thurso, the top of England to visit them.

Remember Arta, you did not want to go there because there was just one lighthouse with someone diving off of it.

Corinne told me that people do dive off the lighthouse.

Greg has turned the TV on and he is watching Remembrance Day in London.
Here in Boston it is 0 degrees and windy.

I remember in Nov. 11th, 2006, our first year in London, standing on the street corner in London to watch the 'Lord Mayor's Parade'.

The crowd was talking and then in a few seconds there was complete silence on the streets except for one baby crying and then the fly over of Air Force planes.

It could not help but bring tears to our eyes.

It was a most amazing moment.

I think Glen saw the Queen's gold carriage and we ran after it.

Something clicked out of whack in my knee two days ago so I needed my cane (stick as it is called on the ship) to walk.

I checked to see if there was a walker I could borrow but the ship only has sticks and wheelchairs.

Certainly put a damper on dancing.

I think I will send Greg into Boston on his own today and give my knee a rest for one more day.

Wyona

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.