Saturday, November 10, 2018

Diwali - The Festival of Prosperity

... an unwilling lunch guest ...
Sumin said that it was Diwali and that Mati had prepared food for us for lunch.

I knew this was going to be a special treat and could hardly wait for the meal to begin.

Sumarga wasn’t as interested in the social experience as Sumina and I were.

He was not all that anxious to be belted into his high chair.

I can’t remember what it was he had on his mind, but getting up to the table to eat was interfering with his enjoyment of the day.
... my first time for the pounded rice ...


... things just went from bad to worse  for one dinner guest...
I haven’t eaten pounded rice before.

It was flat like beautiful pieces of flattened cocoanut.

But the sweetness and the flavour of cocoanut were there.

We had curried potatoes and a spinach-cheese omlette.

This white intredient is rice, flattened as though it were a chip and then the method of eating it was to take over to it, other food, toss it in the rice and then pop it into my mouth.

I have to say that was fun. A new experience and I get to associate it with Diwali.

Arta


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.