Sunday, November 11, 2018

Songs for Remembrance Day

Add caption
From Tonia

Hi Family,

Many of the Calgary Bates' took some time to head to the National Music Centre today to listen to Tim's Big Band play songs of the 1940-1950's for Remembrance Day. 
Lurene singing with the big band.

Lurene also sang and they were really amazing to see and hear in such a brilliant space.  

I was able to walk home from downtown up Centre street.  

t was a chilly but lovely evening for a walk. 


I still have a few more boxes to unpack, some things to get rid of, and organizing to do.  

Then sometime in January I may be up for hanging pictures. 

Moving as a child was far easier than this process has been. 

It's an 18 month journey and while I love my new home, it has been a long process.  

Tonia


1 comment:

  1. I am trying to guess some of the songs you might have heard. I am guessing, 'It's a long way to Tipperary' and maybe "Bugle Boy". What is it Lurene sang?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.