Monday, November 19, 2018

Online Sunday School -- Week 47 of 2018 - Noteworthy Indigenous Art and Culture Part I

I went back to look at the blog posts from the Reconciliaction team this week – this time they were highlighting Indigenous art or artists. Seeing that I know practically nothing, I felt pretty good about my first venture into thinking about this subject. At least I was taking one baby step. This is not to say that I haven’t heard of Tanya Tagaq, for I have. But as to the other artists this week, I have say I was drawing complete blanks.

Thanks Reconciliation blog for waking me up to the following:

1. Tanya Tagaq: A Bold Mix of Tradition and Innovation

2. YEG Indigenous Art Park

3. Indigenous Space at the Royal Alberta Museum

4. Jeremy Dutcher, Indigenous Language, and Indigenous Excellence

5. Album Review: Native North America (Vol. 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.