Wednesday, November 7, 2018

My favourite part of the day - converation

Part of the dinner celebration of the 40th wedding anniversary was the ritual called “my favourite part of the day”. This event is run at the Johnson table regularly. At the celebration of the 40th wedding anniversary, here is how the conversation went. (Readers should think, there are two rules. Tell our experience. Pick the name of the next person at the table to tell their favourite part of the day.) I start.

Arta Johnson: My favourite part of the day was reading a new book with Alice called “A Funny Book”. (Some of the words like can, ride and run are very difficult and it is getting harder and harder to get Alice to enjoy reading time. Now it feels more like torture time, for her, since today we even got into Word Families.)

Chris Turnbull: My favourite part of the day was getting up this morning, on our 40th wedding anniversary, and preparing steak, eggs and hash browns for breakfast.

Andrew Turnbull: My favourite part of the day is being interviewed for the television or radio. (Andrew likes to talk a lot and so he is a good candidate for the press when they are interviewing someone about Special Olympics.)

Richard Johnson: My favourite part of the day was still getting to go swimming with my family, after finishing up all of the jobs I tried to squeeze into spare Sunday time. It was close, but it happened – great swimming at the YMCA wave pool.

Betty Johnson: My favourite part of the day is going to the Dairy Queen. (She was corrected by some, for that journey was made the day before with Chris and Joan, but getting the correct day doesn’t matter as much as just having something favourite going on in your head, no matter what the day.)

LtoR: Chris almost cut out of the pic at upper right.
Miranda almost cut out of the pic at lower left.
Richard behind the camera
I know there were other people at the table, but what they said escapes me. 

I tried to get Miranda to tell me the next day what hers was, but she said she couldn't have remembered 10 minutes later, let alone one day later.

I feel that way about my life too.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. i agree re my trip to Dairy Queen (does the day matter? it is the happy memories that persist!)
    https://larchhaven.blogspot.com/logout?d=https://www.blogger.com/logout-redirect.g?blogID%3D8784798779972837102%26postID%3D2717985075018308887

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.