Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Oscar G. Rejlander


I had a lovely time in the gallery again.

I headed right to the Oscar G. Rejlander: Artist Photographer exhibit, thinking I would choose the most boring exhibit early in the morning.

Once I got there I could hardly drag myself away to the Docent's Choice Spotlight, which is the other thing I wanted to do this morning.

The exhibit takes five rooms and has in it his most famous work, 'Looking Two Ways" (Hope in Repentance).

Looking Two Ways
I watched to big groups go through the gallery with guides.

What I heard from them was mostly what was written in the walls, or in the big book that is for sale, but which also lays artfully on one of the benches for anyone who wants to take a look at it.

The picture is of a man with two boys, each who much choose to go with the godly virtues represented on the right or the worldly ones on the left -- murder, gambling, vice.

I liked reading that Queen Vitoria and Prince Albert had been patrons of this artist.

A good day at the gallery.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.