Friday, November 16, 2018

Biscotti and Cie

... charming second floor seen above us ...
Christine picked me up at the National Gallery and drove me through the lovely Gatineau Hills to a small tourist village, Chelsea.

She was looking for the perfect lunch spot, and she knew from past experience that it could be found at a charming cottage, now turned into a restaurant called Biscotti and Cie.

I ordered something new to me off of the menu.

A panini sandwich made from roasted beets, squash and goat cheese, which tasted just like that: beets, squash and goat cheese in a toasted, buttery bun.

... one of us is waiting for a hot beverage ...
... the other has had her first beet sandwich ...
We whiled away the hours of a sunlight afternoon in a café decorated with Persian cushions and beaded lamps.

She filled me in on stories of the Mormon WOCA women, whom I have read about but never met.

A day to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.