Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Reading Club Bonus

Alice and I have been learning to read some pre-reading pamphlets.

She is in kindergarten now.

When Michael was in kindergarten we had Reading Club with two of his second cousins. But Alice is alone. So she and I read. As a bonus, after we read, we open one of the 25 surprises on the 2018 Leg Advent Calendar. Who says the advent calendar has to wait until December to be opened.

We chatted for a while after the hard work was done. She asked me about the red poppy I was wearing.

I explained that it is to honour the dead from the war. She told me that Michael has a poppy like that. As well, she told me that I am going to die soon, and if I will give her my poppy, she will have something to remember me by.

Otherwise, she said, she thinks she is going to forget my face.

I gave her my poppy.

Then I went to the store to pick up a few more poppies to give to the other kids.

I want them all to remember my face.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. you keep your poppy.... but you do have some other jewelry that will help me remember you. just sayin.....

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.