Monday, March 29, 2021

30 minutes of gardening

Today I had some help in my garden. Noella came over to help me get a start for spring planting. Look at the change in these raised garden beds from the before to the after photo! I can't believe what 2 sets of hands and 30 minutes could yield.

I thought these weeds would take hours to pull, but the top dry layer was takes off in minutes. The rest of the time was spent loosening up the soil and pulling out pernicious roots from the trailing vine that grows along the nearby rock wall.
 



We left in the two green plants that might be weeds, but I think they are the plants I bought that are supposed to be stinky to cats. My plan? To decrease the number of times my vegetable bed is treated as a litter box by neighborhood cats. 
















Do you have a favorite garden vegetable? Noella recommended green beans. One of my neighbors suggested I plant sunflowers and pumpkins. She thought they'd require  less maintenance support than tomatoes, and onions we planting together last year.

Noella and I unearthed some  carrots I missed harvesting last year, or were they from the year before? I didn't test their freshness, but am now wondering how they would have tasted. 

Noella has sparkly gardening boots.









No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.