Sunday, March 28, 2021

Cousin Time

Zoe and Bonnie choose their crib peg colours.
Zoe dropped by Lot 3 today looking for Cruise the Cat. Instead she found Bonnie the Cousin. David Doral had just finished baking Costco cookies, so it was perfect timing. 

Zoe beat me at a game of Crib. One was enough for us today. She came really close to Skunking me, but I mugginsed her. I have to wonder if she left counting that last pair for two to save my pride. In the end I only lost by 18 points.

Zoe told me a few good stories between hands. She had taken a very long walk in Calgary with her father Greg. She had had more stamina than him. She noted that he was getting old. He had been sweating.

When we took a little walk outside later, the same comments applied to me. We tried out Marina and Dan Wood's new driveway by foot. It was really nice to walk up (for me). Zoe ran. I was the only one sweating at the top of the road/driveway.

We didn't see any sign of Cruise, or any wildlife other than a few birds. Zoe had seen quite a few deer on her drive to Brandy's new home. Three of the deer came quite close to Brandy's car. I said I might have been frightened. That made Zoe laugh. She hadn't been afraid of the deer at all.

While Zoe was with Brandy, they tried out a Korean restaurant. Zoe said the food was very good. Fries and seasoned meat were mentioned along with many other items from the menu, but I was only half paying attention because I needed to keep my focus on the cards.  
 
Zoe, if you read this blog post can you send me some of the photos you took with your camera during our stay walk? I think you took some good ones of the new landscaping Arta had done between Lots 3 and 4. It was fun imagining sitting at a picnic bench near the new retaining wall at the edge of Michael, Alice, and Betty's Ninja Line area.

Even though it was a great day at the lake with loved ones, it's always a little bitter sweet because our other loved ones were not there yet and summer vacation days are still a ways off. Oh for the gift of only seeing the glass half full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.