Friday, March 26, 2021

Squashed

Cooked:  3 squashed
Many more to try ,...
Rebecca has been buying us squash at the store, going down the squash isle, picking up one of each variety. 

I peeled off the small thumb-sized, green plastic sticker on the first squash and read its name: kabocha squash. 

 What kind of squash is that? I go to the internet to find out how to cut it and then how to cook it.

In a couple of days, she brings home more squash. Acorn and then honey nut squash.

I therell her that I'm not strong enough to cut through the tough skin of these gourds. 

Kombucha Squash -- cut like a cantaloupe

So she's the one who put the next 2 squashes in the oven, with essentially the same instructions I had, except her instructions had said, cook the squash as long as you like, it doesn't really matter how long.

Alex and I are the squash eaters. 

I like the flesh when it's right hot out of the oven and brushed with the juices from the butter and brown sugar that have sizzled on top as they have been cooking. 

Almost tastes like candy. Almost. Oh, so good.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.