Friday, March 5, 2021

Jim Forgetting – by Col Cseke

Playwrite: Col Cseke
Mary sent me the link to an on-line play reading of Col Cseke’s play Jim Forgetting. 

The readers were Mike Tan as Jim and Ashley Thomson as Donna.

I was part of the audience, I hope a large on-line audience.

The Q&A afterward was also interesting, since it is not often that I go to the theatre when there is an after-event hosted by the theatre. New West Theatre says if this play: 
 Jim Forgetting is an unflinching portrait of a year in the life of Jim and Donna, a middle-aged couple struggling with Jim’s early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. While watching her husband slowly disappear, Donna’s patience and love is pushed to heartbreaking limits. She is left to ask: When love is composed of moments remembered and dreams shared, what happens to a marriage when memories fade and futures disappear? Jim Forgetting is an unforgettable story of one woman’s heart-wrenching decision.

I had a lovely evening.  I thought about Richard and Mary who attended the first reading in this on-line series of plays produced by New West Theatre and I was thanking them in my heart for passing on the message that such events available to me.

Arta 

4 comments:

  1. Is love moments remembered and dreams shared? It is a beautiful phrase and it seems to carry truth. What does it mean to love oneself? It was recently said to me that unconditional love is to love under all conditions. It sounds like it was a beautiful, memorable okay. I haven't walked in Donna's shoes. If I get to see the play, I hope I can stay present for it. It sounds heart wrenching - watching a woman watching her loved one slowly disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure not to miss that reading. I was partly compensating for missing the first reading. And part of me was hoping that I would know others who had listened in. And that third part of me was just so happy to be able to join such events, even if alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying not to miss these opportunities. It was beautifully performed and so special to get to meet the playwrite after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched "Gather" last night. Today at noon I listened to a WEBINAR when Douglas Sanderson gave a paper on "The Wampum Belt in Early Middle Trade". I never get over how fabulous it is to be present at these places and now that my relatives are there too.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.