Friday, March 19, 2021

An afternoon walk down by the warf


My friend Andrea and I took a lunch walk down by the Warf in Salmon Arm and along behind the Prestige this week. 


The weather was perfect for a stroll, so we passed a number of others out for a stroll with a friend or a dog, or a friendly dog. People seemed to be in groups of two and three at the most. Everyone was sporting masks.


We stood a long time looking at the shadows in the tall grasses. If you waited long enough, you'd see a small movement, such as the turn of the head of a bird, and then you'd know you had not been studying a branch or a log.


The ducks made bird watching easier for us. Being up on a board walk, it was our turn to have the bird's eye view.

The walk was energizing. I hope to make it a lunch-break habit.

4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I keep hearing about your friend, Andrea, and now we get a picture. Could you get her to be the one who holds the selfie picture so I could see her close up? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture of the walkway with that black line going right down the middle and into eternity. As well, the next picture with the grass-scape is a keeper. I can almost feel the shimmer of the wind through it. Thanks for letting me join you on a lunch-time walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beauty of that shadow caught my eye too. In the grasses were some kind of heron. They seemed to be socially distancing, each about six feet apart.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.