Friday, March 26, 2021

Firth Brings Forth

Photo Credit: Kelly Firth
From Kelly Firth, to Arta: 

 Hi Arta,

Here is a small collection of photos of various breads I made this year.

Recently I’ve taken to making no-knead bread that you simply leave to ferment overnight.

I also just acquired a BBQ and have learned that grilling pieces of my homemade bread is hands down the tastiest form of toast.

The second picture is of some delicious burger buns, and the last is crazy delicious naan made on the BBQ.

I wish I was still in Victoria so I could drop off some yummy samples!

From Arta to Kelly Firth:

Hi back,

Kelly, Morven, Kim and Arta (photo credit: Rebecca)

Not everyone will know that you were one of the law students who came to Rebecca's house to learn how to make bread.


That day was really fun -- we made a batch of bread for everyone.

I had just barely done my own naan.  I made a big mistake on the first batch.  The dough was so soft.  I just added more flour, not thinking that the measurements could possibly be correct.

It took written instructions and a you tube video for me to find out that here is a dough that is handled best with soaking wet hands.

Photo Credit: Kelly Firth
I know from candy making that there is a fondant so soft that only palms covered with cornstarch  can handle those centres.  So making  the balls for my naan worked out that way.  Now maybe that is not the Indian way since time immemorial, but it works for me.

Based on the pictures you submitted for the bread making workshop, I give you an A++ and invited you to apply for breadmaking graduate school.

Perhaps you could even T.A.?

Arta
Bread Making Blogger and  Instructor

1 comment:

  1. This post made me so hungry for homemade bread. I'll be at the lake tomorrow. Perhaps I will give making some a whirl.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.