Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Songs we sing with children

Do you have a favorite song you sang as a child?

I don't think the following wing could ever be said to have been a favorite of mine, but it sure is memorable.

Nobody likes me,

Everybody hates me,

Think I'll go eat worms ...

As a child I had my moments of wishing I had someone to play with, play what I wanted to play that is. 

It must be a common childhood (or any age) feeling, because this song captures that feeling with almost a school yard nanny-nanny boo boo taunt rhythm. 

I can remember thinking the child in this song was really nasty, all the mean things they did to worms.

Well, I was digging in my garden on Sunday, and let's just say, some worms may have accidentally met their end at the top of my shovel. 

Sorry worms. 

Those that lived and rescued were named by my helpful and friend Noella.

Wormy worm.



 

2 comments:

  1. On many occasions, depending on what our menagerie of animals included, we have found plump juicy worms and fed them to our cherished pets. I do love worms, and have been known to collect them from the sidewalk after a good rain and throw them back onto the grass. But I also love watching other creatures eat them. I have especially enjoyed watching birds find them and tug-of-war them out of the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I was told that when I was young that worms when they are broken in half, now there were two of them. But there is something about the theory of that that I didn't get and still don't get. In another life, I am going to take more courses on botany. When I was in university I took some botany classes. I hope I remember where I left my botany books.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.