Thursday, March 11, 2021

Western Oral History Program: Doral Pilling (interviewed by Charles Ursenbach)

... Rebecca's copy, now somewhat worn ...
I can find a copy of Doral's life story at Rebecca's house.

I think I can find one when I am at Catherine’s house.

I don't know where to find copies at any other houses of my kids.

Sometimes Wyona and I talk about making copies and distributing them so everyone who wishes could have a copy.

I still make use of my book especially when a grandchild says, “Tell me some stories, grandmother.”

Or as in today, when Bonnie Wyora wanted to know some stories about her maternal grandmother.

There there were -- stories about Wyora: page 59 (their first meeting), 75-88 (their married life) and 198-199 (her death).

In the front of my book, I write which stories I have told to which children, because I want to get through the whole story at least once for everyone before I start making repeats. I think I should put that on my to-do list, making those copies available, because whenever I think about it, Moiya says tell me, when you're doing it, alert me and I'll tell you how many copies I want to order. A few years ago, when I was doing some work with lawyers about Doral’s work at Moose Mountain, the lawyers wanted copies because it is a rich telling of early oil exploration. Something in that book for everyone!

There is a reason to make the book available electronically. It's always hard to engage in a discussion about which is best, electronic or paper. I guess a person could have both. 

Isn't two better than one?

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.