Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Celebrations: Mother's Day and Easter

I received cards in the mail this week
Freya sent gifts.  Long earrings for Rebecca, a teal
scarf for Arta and messages of love to Duncan who
has the best coiffed hair, ever.  Yesterday as he was walking
along the oad, a random car stopped, the window rolled down
and someone called out to him, "Best fro!  Don't let anyone
ever try to cut it.
from Betty, Alice and Michael. 

Alice promises to send me one card a week. 

My favourite kind of cards are the ones with personalized messages. 

Maybe my favourite all-time card came from Doral’s kids to Kelvin when we knew he was dying of pancreatic cancer. 

The card said RIP and had a nice tombstone on it. Michael sent me a lot of quavers and semi-quavers, plus lyrics to go with them. Betty gifted me a coupon: one free ice cream cone. Alice sent me a finely detailed and decorated cat. This would be one of my favourite kinds of cats -- one that can come in the mail. And now that I've mentioned the word cat, Moiya reminds me that Cruise her outdoor cat is missing. Moiya is sure that if she just leaves the garage door open and some food out, the cat will return. Which it did. I have heard but th been aat there were a few body parts of other animals: , ie, the tail of a squirrel, and what Moiya has to offer for food may not be up to the standard of squirrel for supper, but that cat, 

Cruise, he will take the easy meal when it is available.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when random people yell encouraging, positive words from their cars. The opposite is less fun. :-) I love all the gifts mentioned in this post -- cards, the promise of ice cream, drawings, earrings, scarves, words of encouragement, squirrel tails...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a postcard in the mail this week too! The sender forgot to sign it. Was it from you guys?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.