Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Why do I never tire of this view?

I can't put my finger on a specific memory, but my heart says my earliest memories must have been formed at the Shuswap.

My evidence is that my eyes never tire of this view, and every photo I take evokes the feeling of a memory.

Today's photo was taken on a walk with my friend Andrea. We had planned to take a walk after work, and lucky me, she was open to a walk in Annis Bay.

Most of the snow has melted. There were a few patches here and there, but none as photo worthy as the blue lake. 

I took photos on the way down to the beach.





Photos while down at the beach.










And photos on the way back up from the beach.







And still, there are images in my mind that I can see I missed when I go back through my gallery of photos from the day. I wish I'd also taken photos of ...

- the rocks Trell arranged under the Yew tree, and the ones Ina painted in the shadow of the Cedar whose roots are partially exposed
 
- the spot by the Meadow Reach of Campbell's Creek where Mary went last summer to do Yoga

- the Wedding Reach where Miranda and Richard got married, exchanging vows there in 2009 and then again maybe 5 years later

- the quiet place under Arta's deck that my brother Kelvin found for reading the last time he was there

- the road between Glen and Janet's place and Arta's that has been worn down with kiln runs by Rebecca each summer, some trips late into the night

- the space in front of the BBQ on Arta's deck where I want Doral to return to, since I was dreaming of him cooking me some  fajitas last night

- the lawn where Catherine's children ran up and down the lawn with Harry Potter wands Aunt Rebecca bought dowels for

I could go on ...

And that is probably why I never tire of this view. Because it is connected to family.

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. me too! i love the photos you captured with your camera, and the ones captured in words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me. I love this spot. And all the memories. The joyful ones and the painful ones -- all part of creating, maintaining and repairing connections.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.