Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Chess Anyone?

I read that one way to think about the chess board spaces is as if they form a mountain, so I got help and built one like that out of Lego.

My thought was that being able to experience the degrees of elevation described in the tutorial on chess.com, that I would be able to play a better game.

Joaquim and David each indulged me in playing one game of chess on this homemade board. We all agreed, it did not make the game easier. Also, my ability to best them in a game of chess also did not appear to change.

But perhaps I just need a few more games .... Chess anyone?


2 comments:

  1. This is the game that separates the skilled from the unskilled. The only time I liked to play this is when Catherine's kids were little and they had a variation on the game where the pawns chased the queen all around the board. Or maybe it was the other way around. I have to be an old curmudgeon to have watched "The Queen's Gambit" and still not be drawn to the game. Go chess players, go. I think I am still going to read a book instead. Maybe that is only because I haven't read enough books yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that word, curmudgeon. Being a curmudgeon ... I'm not so sure that is fun. Can a curmudgeon be happy? I've never thought of you as a curmudgeon. The thought makes reason stare.

      Delete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.