Wednesday, March 3, 2021

My Life With Clyde


In an email between us, Spring Lewis  mentioned Clyde's laughter. 

I tried to catch the idea of that laughter when I was talking to Rebecca Johnson a few days previously,  but I couldn't find words that would do justice to it. 

In the past, I used to tell people that hearing Clyde's laugh was like seeing someone run full speed into a wall, and then instead of crashing there, their feet would just run right up the wall until they were out of steam, and then slide back down, while the rest of us caught our breath from wonder at such mirth.

Arta

3 comments:

  1. Yes. You have described it perfectly. Oh, Clyde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that candle in the screen grab. If only candles could talk, it would have some grande stories to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh with that candle, telling me to look at the screen grab again. That bottle holding the candle has been present during many conversations. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.