Monday, March 29, 2021

My COVID Immunization Shot

Photo Credit: Rebecca Johnson
"Clinic Entrance"
March 27, 2021

At noon, I started to get anxious about the Covid shot. The reason my senses were on high alert is that I had just done the oncology procedure the day before, and I was afraid that I might fall asleep on my bed during my afternoon nap and miss this evening 6 pm appointment.

But I did my shot yesterday. 

My COVID shot. 

When I finally sat in the chair and had the nurse beside me and she had the vial in her hand, I was just shaking my head in amazement over the wonder of it all — line up, show your health care card -- only 45 minutes including the drive there and back, and the 15 minute waiting period.

All of it a miracle.

The nurse went over all of the possible side effects with Rebecca beside m, and then sent us home with a list of these side effects, telling us for each of them or for any signs for one might be alert, -- that is the moment to go to the hospital Emergency Room.

The hardest symptom to manage is nausea. I was surprised that eating too much has to be carefully managed alongside the fact nausea from the shot might present itself.

I was in the category of those who have you eaten too much, and then bolted upright knowing that I only has less than a second to make it to a place where the cleanup would be easier than later.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. Is that a new scarf?! Love it. It looks like feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got your first Covid-19 vaccine dose. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.