Thursday, July 19, 2018

Before and After

Doral and Anita are wondering what is going on as we try to transform the area around Lot 4.

So going out with my camera I took a few shots.  Tomorrow Glen, Laynie and Connor return to do another morning's work, together with Amir and me.  I am mostly a decoration.

This is the path that Richard forbade me to travel.  The forbidden is always a problem for some of us.  But I am thinking that the path is going to be there for a long time, and there will be someone who comes along who can help with that last /14 of the trail I am not allowed to travel.

This is a lovely view of the lake opening up.  I want to sit and admire it myself, when I see this picture.


The Slacker Line equipment is tied to the Douglas Fir trees.  Tomorrow you may be able to see the view of the lake from here.  That is what I am hoping for.  So this is your "before" view.


Amir and I thinned the apples on the tree today that is just at the road-side door.  This might have been a useless exercise, for Tonia told me that they spotted a bear and her cub just at Five Corners.  Bears like apples.  Perhaps they will like these even better if they can just wait a while so that I get a chance to see them grow.


I am up behind the boat house and finding huge rocks, well manybe only two feet high, but too heavy for me to move.  I just have to take the moss off with my hose.  Tomorrow I am going to take my new weed whipper over there and make a nice space around the rock, though I have no reason why I think this is going to be fun.


I was raking this area that is just beside the chimney.  You can see some a sheet of metal in the bottom right hand side of the picture.  The yellow power line is going over it.  I have no idea what it is there for, but I can remember it always being there.  I was thinking of moving some rocks onto it so that no one gets cut on it.



My tools:  a mop, 2 rakes, a shovels, and I think the pitchfork has that neon pink handle.  And the wire cutters are janging over one of the cedar beams.  I have to say it is fun to have all of those tools and then rake and shovel, and move rocks and take out dry grass.


This picture doesn't do justice to the size of the pile of branches and fallen trees that is waiting to go on the truck.


This is another before picture.  It is the path back to my house.  Tomorrow I hope there will be a lake view here.  If not tomorrow, then some other time.

An animal home, just at the base of the tree by the sandpile.  I always think of the Wind and the Willows when I pass this spot, though I hated that story as a child.

The climbing hydrangea is on an electrical line just at the lot line. I have been watering this plant for a long time, and tying it to the pole, hoping that it would take off.  A few years I was ready to give up with it.  Glen said, just be patient.  He was right.  Now it has twisted itself itself up the wire just behind the yellow pole, although you can hardly see that detail from this photo.
So those were my before pictures. for July 18, 2018. 

Tomorrow comes the "after" pictures.

 Arta

7 comments:

  1. Arta, this all looks so amazing. Tell Glen and Richard to please leave some of this for us to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course Laynie, Connor and Miranda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't leave ANY of it for me to do! if i come out, i will be over at the pottery wheel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonia has kept the pottery wheel going for you by taken up what was previously the time that was all yours. Now she is leaving. And the wheel is empty. And there is no one that will be doing around the clock pottery work, getting up to take things out of the kiln or turn the heat up. None of that going on here now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard is staying in Calgary this weekend, so there will be no help from him in the continuing saga of where next to do work on the property. The quiet unsung hero of the forest is Greg Bates. He has cleared a beautiful path that links up with the walkway to Sicamous. As well, Greg is part of the 3 Geezers, three old men who cleared the Larch Hills Trail single-handed from Station 109 to 110. Many of the Bates family were driven up the hill and took that walk this week. I like the water. I think Janet has 2 kayaks, Wyona has 2, I have two for teens, and there are 2 paddle boards. At any time during the day, some of this equipment can be seen on the water. Just to let you know, Doral that it is not all work and no play out here. We do leave some work behind for others each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to work for about 45 minutes, then just stop and visit while everyone else keeps working. Just sayin....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you work.

    I find myself doing no work, but chasing around after Glen with his chain saw. I like to figure out what he is doing and why. I can't really help, especially when I go to the work area without any gloves. I tried to keep up with people who were working, but I didn't have log pants on. My legs were pretty scratched up that day. Dumb of me, but I couldn't stop once I saw others were working. Some of them are not unionized and so they don't know about coffee breaks and lunch hours.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.