Monday, July 30, 2018

Meltdown by the tracks

July 29th

... wearing grandmother's silver necklace ...
Last night we went to the beach for a late night swim for some and fishing for others.

Betty had a meltdown by the tracks.

When we got out of the car she wanted to stay up there parallel to the railroad tracks and play.

Everyone else wanted to go down to the beach or directly to the water.

Only Betty thought this was a good idea.

She did a squat and then hugging her arms around her legs, and the biggest torrent of feelings came out of her in the form of a cry that involved lots of tears and lots of mucus.

I don’t know what brought her around eventually.

It may have been total control of the chip bag that was originally for sharing.
... midden bauble in hair ...

Later in the evening she asked if she could wear the necklace I had taken off and put in my bag.

I had used it when I dressed up to go into Canadian Tire in the afternoon and hadn’t taken it off yet.

I told Betty that she might not want to wear it long, for it was heavy.

So on it went along with a piece of bubble gum that she popped in her mouth.

Her dad told me I am never allowed to give them bubble gum again, and when I do, I can only give her one piece, though the older kids can have two.

As well, Betty was wearing the hair bauble from the Cabin 4 midden patch, the elasticity of the hair ornament long gone.

I put it in her hair, telling her that it would slip out since there was no elasticity in the band.

Having it slip out would have been true of any one else’s hair, but not of hers. The tight curls keep anything that is slipped into them there, and there, securely. Things almost of to be cut out of her hair.

I have been trying to say something different about the cabin, in this blog, since Doral likes to know what is going on every day.

... the size of one piece of bubble gum partially chewed ...
I don’t know if I said that 4 of the kitchen cabinet doors are up, and all other pieces of the cabinetry are in different stages of being finished. Some closer to the end than others.

Miranda’s goal was to get it finished before anyone arrived. That goal has been extended, I think.

As to the baby grass that I have been tending, Richard said it looks like a big chia patch.

I am taking that as a compliment.

I was thinking last night that if I started watering the roadside lawn, it might green up.

I might do that as a welcome mat for you for next weekend when I am eagerly waiting for your arrival, St Albert Johnsons.

Arta

5 comments:

  1. There is a great story about raven crying so much that mucous ran out of his nose onto the mussel shells on the beach, and then that created man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the choice is being created out of mucus or something else that would have come out of the raven, I guess I prefer the mucus?

      Delete
  2. Betty could have created man again as she cried by the tracks. If you are going to make allusions to stories, you are going to have to give me information about where to find the story in its entirety. I may need to tell it before we have another flood of mucous over some other deeply held belief Betty has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Camps-Johnson asks if tissues existed before man was created. I think that is a fantastic philosophical question. Which came first? Man or the tissue (tissue representing tears of course). Tissues or the man. Man first or sorrow first?

    I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.