Thursday, July 19, 2018

Two Man Airlift into the Water

The Woods are on the dock giving children airlifts into the water.
The children keep coming back for more and more fun.
Some of them do a high dive.
Others go up with their legs kicking and then cannonball.
A few only have the courage for a small throw.

The weather has been hot.
The water is warm.
Children stay in the water long into the evening.

Clear water right up to Alice's knees.
I have no idea what she is thinking she will do next.

There are kayaks, tubes, paddle boards, lawn chairs, umbrella
and rocks to be moved from one place to another.

Today is my second day, going to the water later in the day.
I didn't even shiver when I went in.
Dave Wood passed me and said, "I am so hot, I have to go in for another dip."
And he did.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. wow to the description of the water being so warm. boo to the heat that is generating the fires by Peachland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I stayed in the water for an hour, probably from 6:30 pm to 8 pm. Part of the time we swam down to Sandy Beach as Bonnie wanted to know where our land ends. I know it ends just a little to the right of the 49 sign up on the railroad. First we had to find the sign, and then I had to point in the direction Doral did for me, to show me where the pin was. Then back into the warm water and a swim home. All of us -- Michael, Betty, Alice, Bonnie and me -- ran into the giant submerged rocks that are down by what was once a cold mountain stream near sandy beach. Now it is barely a 3-branched trickle. Reason? My guess is the clear cutting on Larch Hills.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.