Sunday, April 12, 2020

Eighty Memories in Eighty Years: #45 Travel -- St. Albert

... Doral, in a thoughtful moment ...
My favourite kind of travel is to the homes of my children.

Doral and Anita are always generous, opening their home to others. Their condo across from Riley Park was a prime location. I knew I could live there forever; then my front room would be a city park, tended by gardeners. I wanted to walk every path in that park, and the trails that climbed the hill to the north of it. No wonder brides and grooms choose to have their wedding pictures taken there.

Doral and Anita moved from the condo to the home of their dreams, a place they built in a north west community called Citadel.

After 10 years, they moved to St. Albert, Alberta, to the home of my dreams, a 1990’s custom built home with panels of oak wood and lots of detailing.

They embody the adage Travel Alberta, not a bad idea.

I love the invitation to come and see them.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. I have so many memories of christmas meals spent with the Johnson-Trealeavens. It doesn't matter "where" they are, they make a home people want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one memory of a Christmas up in Citadel. Anita and Doral had invited everyone at my house up there -- all of the international students from upstairs, as well as relatives on both sides. We tried to keep punch going in stemware -- that was fun. Yes, I agree -- a home where the doors open to all.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.