Monday, April 27, 2020

Music as a way of giving information

... hard to spend the weekend
waiting for Covid results ...
Bonnie took the Covid test and was so relieved to phone and tell me it was negative.


You are the first person in the family who has gone for a test.


In Alberta now there is testing for anyone who reports the symptoms.



I was thinking about this when I ran into these two lovely songs.


Lovely to me.


... bonnie checking out the cherry blossoms
in her back yard ...
Ta dum, ta dee.


Click at your peril.

A message from the government of Canada

A covid song by the Vancouver, B.C., Phoenix Chamber Choir, --great singing, notice the Lysol wipes container being used for rhythm, the hand puppets and the ‘haircut’.

(Thanks for the text and the link, Ria.)

Arta

2 comments:

  1. I listened to both. how fun. music always hits me hard....even the parodies make me feel weepy. I love people joining together in sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the power of people joining together in a chorus. After the credit, all of the people who had sung for Steven Sondheim on his 90th birthday special joined together for one more song. I just about missed it. I was busying trying to figure out how to "stop casting" when I heard it going on, behind me on the TV. I wanted to sing along. If any lover of West End and Broadway musicals hasn't watched that special, then they still have a treat instore. I finally took my notebook and wrote down the name of the song and the performer and the show. The whole things was overwhelming! So much I just couldn't process it all.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.