Sunday, April 12, 2020

Eighty Memories for Eighty Years: #48 Travel -- Victoria, B.C.

... a 2019 daffodil in Rebecca's garden ...
The last time I was in Victoria I was under travel restrictions. I was waiting for a new hip and couldn’t walk far. But that urge to travel is deep in me. Each time Rebecca was going to her van I hopped in.

“I am only taking Duncan to school and coming back.”

“I’ll come for the ride.”

“I am just dropping Alex off.”

“I’ll come for the ride.”

“I am only going to run into work to pick up some printing.”

“I’ll come for the ride.”
Photo Credit: Rebecca
... magnolias, 2020 ...

I never missed an opportunity to drive the streets of Victoria.

Soon I had my own stash of travel sundries tucked in the side door of the van.

I made sure my side of the windshield was clean, at least from the inside. I brought out a cloth to clean the area around the cupholder and to shine up the dashboard. All of the quarters, loonies and toonies tucked away in the appropriate cigarette ash tray. No small bits of paper on the floor mat anymore. And then my phone out to take quick picture of travel shots. If I am going to ride along, I want to make my time in one spot as comfortable as possible.

Arta

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.