Sunday, April 12, 2020

Eighty Memories for Eighty Years: #49 Travelling to Salmon Arm

... a tourist event in Salmon Arm ...
... Indigenous art in the local gallery ...
I am forever asking Bonnie if I can come to visit her for a week.

 She looks at me, mute at first. I ask again.

She looks at me with incredulity.

Why would I want to stay over at her house? 

She is only a 12 minute drive from the cabin. 

Still, I wanted to come and stay over. When she allowed a sleep-over for me and I got there, she told me that her hope was that I would eat Indian food with her.

Joaquim and David aren’t interested in that cuisine.

Finally, a wish I could grant for her. I can do rice, delicious red lentil dahl, aloo gobi and chapati, so with an afternoon’s work I can turn Bonnie’s porch into an outdoor Indian restaurant.

We ate there in the warm autumn evening. We chatted. We looked out over the city, Mount Ida only a few miles in the distance. I love visiting my kids.

Arta


2 comments:

  1. You have absolutely captured my "freeze" moment when I get asked a question and my mind goes blank. That really made me chuckle.

    I think you have slept with me in the master bedroom. Then I moved down to the cool basement, and you stayed down there with me in what you have referred to me as my New York loft apartment.

    Next visit? Perhaps we'll tent in my backyard under the cherry tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you own the 12 person tent out at the lake. Perhaps we could set it up in your back yard under the cherry tree and invite lots of people to join us when the social distancing is over.

    I do like stay in "the loft": the super large room divided into sleep areas, dressing areas, lounging on the couch areas, spaces to practice the guitar -- I like that place and it is cool enough for you. No wonder I like coming to see you. And besides, we get to feast on Indian food.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.