Monday, April 20, 2020

Masks as Style

Photo Credit: Moiya Wood
Sewing at Home
Catherine asked me if I would start wearing a mask when I go outside.

I can either do that or wear a scarf into which I tuck my nose she said.

On this point, Moiya sent me picture of three more masks.

They must be new ones she has made, for she shipped off masks to all of her children and grandchildren and really had none left to speak of.

Now Wyona has been studying the patterns for masks on the web, but I think there is no need for study.

 Moiya seems to have it down to an art. Whether to interface with non-woven material? Whether to interface at all? Masks with elastics over the ears? Masks made of stretchy material with holes cut in either ends? A scarf as a mask?

I would prefer to just choose one that Moiya has done, but she is too far away, and I need the mask sooner than her mailing will get it to me.

I think I will go with a scarf-wrap. It is not that I haven’t been collecting them for a long time. I just didn’t know it was for this purpose.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.