Sunday, April 12, 2020

Eighty Memories for Eighty Years: #50 Vacationing in Calgary

... dinner at Grandma's house, which is just next door ...
When I go to Richard and Miranda’s house, the distance is short: twenty long steps will take me from my lawn to theirs.

The space that is long is the one between me and his children: years – 75 years between Betty Blanche and me.

Richard and Miranda’s is the home where I have a standing invitation for supper.

And the children also invite me over for snacks, or to play, or to colour.

When I tell other grandparents that I have little people who live next door and whom I see daily, I can see a lot of processing going on in their minds?

Can one grandmother be that lucky?

There are other things to do in Calgary.

But this is my favourite one -- travel next door.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.