Sunday, April 12, 2020

Eighty Memories in Eighty Years: #47 Travel -- Montreal

This is not the picture that best represents Catherine.
I am hoping she will send me another of her choice.
When Catherine and Eric invite me to their home I am only a short distance from the Villa Maria subway stop.

When I get on the Montreal Metro, the world is my home.

 I have a pass and hundreds of thousands of steps I can go, all underground. As with in Ottawa, so in Montreal – I can’t get enough of the galleries and museums, this time La Musee des Beaux Arts.

I never dreamed that I would have seasons passes to both, as well as to the museum in Victoria.

It just doesn’t seem right not to soak in every possible gallery if I have the chance while I am visiting my kids.

I also like to walk as far as in one direction from their homes as is possible, before having to turn and come back.

If I do this north, east, south and west I get a lovely feel for the communities they live in.

My kind of travel.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. If I were not to live in Victoria, Montreal might be my next choice. It is this time of year (where there are blossoms up and down my street) where I remember not to grieve all the pleasures that Montreal offers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! An interesting idea. If I didn't live in ...., then X would be my next choice.

    If I didn't live in Calgary, then Victoria would be my next choice. Sucks that you will already be in Montreal by the time I get there.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.