Wednesday, April 14, 2021

80 things we love about Arta: 20

20. Keep Travelling with Arta

Since I learned from Tonia yesterday how to post correctly, sort of, I will finish with South America travels with Arta.


It took us a day to cruise through the Panama Canal. The ship is only 1-3 feet away from the side of the canal. There are two lanes, one going each way. 

And here we are just come out of the Panama Canal.




We sailed on the Celebrity Infinity. Arta and Greg are leaving the ship here and are on the dock of Punta Arenas. Punta Arenas is a city near the tip of Chile's southernmost Patagonia region, located on the Strait of Magellan.

Arta and Greg took an 8 hour bus ride to travel the country and see animals only found in this region. Wyona just took a trip around Punta Arenas because there was a warning on the long excursion that Arta took saying it was bumpy and bad for back problems. When Arta and Greg returned they told me I had to ride a bus in the badlands of Medicine Hat for 3 hours because that is what it was like. Except they got to see Patagonia hares, guanacos, pumas, armadilloes etc.


And then there was a nice said through the Straights of Magellan. Who would have known that when I studied the Straights of Magellan in grade five that I would actually have ever done it. 


And then there was the trip to the penguin rookery, from big ship to little ship. Arta and I are busy taking all the photos we can of the penguins. We were not allowed to get off the ship but just watch from the deck.


Oh we did have some fun times!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow. Wow. How did you squeeze so much out of every trip! Penguins? Seriously? Once again, my brain knows you are telling the truth, but my eyes tell me this is all photoshopped, not real. I hope I can reread now and my eyes on the second round will be trusted by my brain. What an amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of the penguins so much. A life dream to see them with my own eyes, but seeing them through your eyes here is also amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all of this talk about travelling with Arta, I think that once we can Arta, you and I need to travel to India!!! Love you oh and Rebecca can I get your mailing address please. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only been to Kerala once. And here is Rebecca's address: 1857 San Lorenzo Drive, Victoria, B.C. If you have the street address, you can probably find the postal code with a quick search.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1857 San Lorenzo Ave, Victoria BC V8N 2E8

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.