Saturday, April 3, 2021

Names I got called today

Photo Credits: David Camps-Johnson
Today I hung out at the lake with Miranda, David, Naomi, Rhiannon, Veer, Michael, Alice, and Betty. Since all the burning of slash was finished yesterday, today was less task oriented. We managed to get in a round of "button, button" and a modified version of "Mathew, Mark, Luke, John. The youngest few kept getting me mixed up with other Johnson women. I got called Mary, Rebecca, and even Arta. It was sweet. I just answered to any name they used for me. There was lots of laughter. Miranda cooked some Indian Lentils and rice for dinner, the inaugural meal from Arta's new pressure cooker. We are creme brulee icecream and told jokes to each other to round off the evening. Can't wait till we see you next. 

2 comments:

  1. In the modified Matthew, Mark, Luke game each person chose their pseudonym. I'm not sure if I can remember them all.

    Michael - invector, plus a gesture
    Alice - cat
    Betty - fox
    Beer - car

    I chose "bonk"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty does want to be a fox. Betty does want to be called foxy. This is OK in the family, but foxy has some connotations that we don't want her to pick up outside of the family. For the whole year I have been calling her foxy and laughing so hard inside, just because I can. But when she went to grade one and the teacher asked her what she wanted to be called and Betty said Foxy, that made the teacher very uncomfortable and she told Betty no, I can't call you that. So she just called her Betty. I hope this did not break her heart. At any rate, Betty is called Betty at school, and at home I can call her foxy. She has some clothing on which miranda has appliqued a little picture of a fox. One seems to be either at the cuff of a jacket or somewhere where an applique like that might be done. I suppose that will be the end of that. But she has had this name for a couple of names now and each time I have spoken to her there has been a month long giggle come to me. Betty, or foxy. My guess is that betty is going to be 6foot 7 or maybe even 6 foot 9 beautiful, blonde woman and there might be some person wise enough to call her foxy, which she will be. 20 years from now Betty may have to give up her name of foxy but not that beautiful blonde statuesque statue that she takes on when she thinks of that name.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.