Monday, April 12, 2021

Arta and I had this unwritten agreement. Her children could live with me anytime and my children could live with her anytime. Arta made a home for Tonia, Marcia and Lurene in Calgary when they attended U of Calgary. So nice to see the photo that Tonia posted of the nieces and nephews whom Arta mentored when they attended U of Calgary. My sons Teague and Trent also spent many hours with Arta walking on Nose Hill or just being around her. Teague told me yesterday that he thought the Johnsons were rich because he always got banana slushies and homemade bread with homemade jam when he went to their home. You can tell from this that Teague never got homemade bread or banana slushies from his mother, just Arta. I just paid for the trombone lessons. Arta's generosity to others brings back a myriad of memories.

1 comment:

  1. In my family the expression, "cousins will be at the lake soon" always evokes a big smile. I am lucky to have so many cousins, and to keep getting to know them as we all age. Thank you for taking me into your home so many times.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.