Saturday, April 17, 2021

Things about Arta --Number 23: French or Dutch?

While I was growing up, I always loved Arta's beautiful white hair.  Even when people mistook her for my grandmother rather than mom. It didn't bother me. When I discovered my own first white hair when i was in grade 8, I considered it a badge of honour.  I was going to have beautiful white hair like my mom.

My mom always liked to have her hair looking great whether it was a short edgey cut in the 90s or the beautiful long hair she how now.  Whenever it was long, she was always looking for beautiful hair accessories, and always sharing them with me.

Even though I have been know to wear my hair in a pony tail or messy bun for two years straight at a time, I do appreciate a good braid.  

Yesterday and today I got to do my mom's hair at the hospital.  And as I ask my Naomi when she asks me to braid her hair, I asked Arta "French or Dutch." She picked Dutch yesterday but said we should go with French today.  They were both beautiful.



 


 










2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful braids with stripes of black. The black hides unless there are parts in the hair. I always wished I had Arta's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW!!!! I love that little unexpected stripe of black right at her crown, and how it weaves itself through the braid!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.